- The CEO of a leading publicly listed gaming operator asked Spring Capital to assist its global executive team in the design and execution of a major operational turnaround program. Over a period of two years, we helped our client achieve cumulative cost savings of 100 M USD based upon a 35% reduction in its global workforce. EBITDA margins improved by 500 basis points, and the optimization of CAPEX programs and working capital management doubled operational cash flow, allowing the company to successfully conclude its balance sheet restructuring.
Post merger integration
- The CEO of a UK gaming Plc asked Spring Capital to prepare the company and its management team for the business combination with one of his major competitor´s divisions. As part of the PMI Program Office, Spring Capital identified opportunities for value creation, developed detailed operational implementation plans and organized client execution teams. The deal was successfully consummated and converted our client in the No.1 casino operator in the UK with over 60 properties.
- Working with the shareholder of a family owned casino group, Spring Capital founder Oliver Zugel led the planning, pre-opening and start-up activities for two major integrated hotel casino complexes in South America. Specific tasks included business and financial planning, management recruitment and project supervision leading to the timely and on budget opening of the properties accounting today for over 30% of our client´s EBITDA.
- On behalf of a multinational gaming operator, Spring Capital developed 5 year strategic plans based upon a highly collaborative process with senior management. Outputs included detailed country-by-country strategic roadmaps, financial models and execution metrics, as well as the adaptation of management reporting processes and systems.
Digital and mobile gaming
- The Division CEO of a leading European media group contracted Spring Capital to develop its online gaming business. Tasks included the creation of our client´s online strategy in conjunction with its management teams, the preparation of a business plan and detailed financial projections as well as the selection of software platform providers.
- The shareholders of a loss making mobile gaming operator contracted Spring Capital to conduct a viability audit of its operations. Spring performed a fast cycle review of the company´s strategy, commercial and financial situation and based upon our findings, our client decided to put the company into receivership.
- Working with the Country MD of a multinational gaming operator, Spring Capital´s online team developed a highly innovative, pari-mutuel online horseracing offering for a major emerging market. Led by Peter Nolan, Spring Capital´s partner for digital projects, mobile and website have been successfully launched in April 2016.
Investor Due diligence
- On behalf of several US hedge funds, Spring Capital performed a strategic audit of a leading UK gaming operator. Activities included the review of management projections and business plans, and recommendations with regards to their current and proposed strategy.
- A leading US private equity group contracted Spring Capital to perform strategic due diligence for the acquisition of several gaming assets in Europe and the Americas.